Hydrogen peroxide has many uses. From first aid..to cleaning bathtubs, this cheap and natural alternative to bleach is often overlooked.
Most importantly, it is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-mold and anti-mildew.
I started using hydrogen peroxide to clean things in the bathroom. I found that using HP and dawn dish soap really was a powerful combo, especially for stains. HP can be used with other safe all-purpose cleaners, basically boosting the cleaners’ cleaning power. Just buying the 3% is enough to get the job done. Any higher is too acidic unless you dilute it properly.
What exactly…and where exactly… can you clean with this special liquid?
In the bathroom
Use hydrogen peroxide on your white tubs.
Clean the sink, mirror, toilet (it’s a wonderful disinfectant).
Pour it into the toilet, it cleans so amazingly!
Clean showers that have mildew, and mold. With consistent use, it will keep mold away.
Combined it with baking soda and get the ultimate whitener for white surfaces, it can also dissolve soap scum.
In the kitchen
Disinfect cutting boards.
Clean your white tile floors or linoleum.
Clean glass anywhere around your kitchen.
Mix HP, water and dawn dish soap for an all purpose cleaner.
Wash and disinfect fruits and vegetables by soaking them in 1/4 c of HP with hot water.
Disinfect the inside of your fridge with the all purpose mix
Sanitize your sponges by soaking them in HP then putting them in the dishwasher.
Disinfect your microwave.
Soak toys in HP and hot water.
Ward off fungus from your house plants by lightly spritzing them with water and HP.
Keep your shower curtain and liners clean by using HP in place of bleach when washing it in the washer machine.
Run HP through your washing machine to disinfect it.
Whiten whites. (this really is the best bleach alternative!)
Make the ultimate stain remover with dawn dish soap and HP. It can remove stains like blood, coffee, and wine.
Hydrogen peroxide is the best thing to clean with. It is so much healthier and safer than cleaning with bleach. Chlorine is very poisonous. It absorbs quickly into your skin. And when you breathe, it affects your lungs. It can cause choking as well. Read here to learn why.
Get your house cleaned by true green cleaning specialists.